sabato 1 ottobre 2016

The Bolaskop Benatti Polaroid Prototype n.4

few weeks ago, a friend of mine, knowing my passion for photography, called me telling to have something very interesting to show me.
Alex Gordon is an extravagant person, but he is very honest and sincere, so I really expected to see something very strange and rare... Alex like me lives in Milan and he is a camera operator. He is always very busy, so a morning we met in an ice-cream shop in Bovisa, close to Emma Canepari's Speed Photo Shop and I saw for the first time in my life a Bolaskop.

Alex Gordon
 Alex Gordon and his Bolaskop mounted on a Nikon F3

Bolaskop Polaroid
 The Bolaskop was a prototype able to print big pictures direcly on Polaroid paper through a few prisms. It was made by Benatti, the lens mount wizard of Milano.

Prototype n. 4
 This is the Bolaskop number 4. I doubt there could be more than 5 of these jewels around the world... If you are able to find one, please let me know it.

Alex Gordon's Bolaskop
The Bolaskop mounted on a Nikon F3. I think it was made at least 30 years ago, but it's still like new.
 Sorry for the photographs, they where all made with a mobile phone...


2 commenti: